Tree Tag Starcraft 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tree Tag Starcraft 2

A forum on Tree tag UMS on Starcraft 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Increased Ward Sight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wonderwhite
New Tagger
New Tagger

Increased Ward Sight Empty
PostSubject: Increased Ward Sight   Increased Ward Sight EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:19 pm

This is just another difference i have noticed between the WC3 and APEX's version.

The wards in WC3 version could be placed with ease through 2 layers of trees or on top of a cliff (OUT OF LINE OF SIGHT) with no problems.

In addition to this, the wards also gave vision of buildings through (i think about 6 layers of trees) - when i say vision here i mean they got to see if new buildings where built or there were buildings in the fog. Hmm sought of hard to explain. How you scout someone's base in a melee game and then your probe/drone/suv dies, you still can see the buildings and any new ones that popped up.

Finally i think the wards in WC3 had a much larger sight radius when unobstructed.

Not saying that APEX should implement all these changes to make exactly like WC3 version as its only based on it, but may help these struggling thors..
Back to top Go down
kser
New Tagger
New Tagger

Increased Ward Sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Increased Ward Sight   Increased Ward Sight EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:31 pm

+1.

Yes i noticed the ward radius in war3 is larger than the one in sc2. Not to say that we can actually see the area, but i am referring the radius of ward able to detect structures and it will be displayed despite the fog.

With this implemented, 3 thors will be more than enough.
Back to top Go down

Increased Ward Sight
Page 1 of 1