Tree Tag Starcraft 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tree Tag Starcraft 2

A forum on Tree tag UMS on Starcraft 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sight Towers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike
Tagger
Tagger

Sight Towers Empty
PostSubject: Sight Towers   Sight Towers EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:03 am

Just expanding on something i talked about earlier, i think Sight Towers for probes are rather overused to just scout the entire map for incoming Thor's that just adds to the ever increasing frustration for even four Thor's and especially for when it becomes three again. It becomes literally impossible to sneak up on a probe and when they go on high ground as soon as you go around to get them they just blink away which results in constant scans and multiple Thor's to pin down a single probe.

I understand there is a practical purpose for them though for blinking to higher grounds and such without going noticed, my suggestion would be to increase the sight towers cost enough to make them not just be some cheap luxury item that can be thrown around the map for comfort and peace of mind but rather something that can be afforded once a player has an fairly established base. It also adds to the excitement of the game knowing that a Thor could be blasting his way to your base at any moment and you never know where they might strike. To help with the other practical purpose they served perhaps create another ability/structure for probes that temporarily grants sight of a nearby area, say a missile turret which grants sight that instant builds and then self destructs 5-10 seconds after it was built. Then place a cool down on the ability/structure depending on how much it effects the game play and so it cannot be just spammed to achieve the same results as a sight tower. It would have a much smaller radius of sight similar to the sight tower as its being built maybe even smaller so it can't be abused.

Feel free to share thoughts and ideas on this.
Back to top Go down
Apex
Tree Tag Hugger
Tree Tag Hugger
Apex

Sight Towers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sight Towers   Sight Towers EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:43 am

Im not sure what you are trying to say. Sight towers are supposed to give sight. Probes are supposed to be able to see whats happening. Of course you can go around the map putting them everywhere, but sooner or later, a thor or a sight turret will catch you.
You are the first person that has raised the issue to me, I will be willing to look at the suggestion in a better detail if others can support your argument.
Back to top Go down
https://treetag.forumotion.com
Mike
Tagger
Tagger

Sight Towers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sight Towers   Sight Towers EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 3:06 am

Sorry if i was hard to understand, it is not a serious issue i just thought i would bring it up and see what people thought about it or if they had any ideas about it. I still encourage the use of sight towers and love what they do, it just feels to me like they are to easy to get as certain players spend entire games running around the map placing Sight Towers in every spot you can think of while being funded off a few pylons and never actually building a base of their own. I know this is a High-risk High-reward at the danger of being caught but it is also a large time consumer for Thor's when they think they are on the trail of a probe when in fact the probe is no where near that position and they are just continuing to pop around the map everywhere making it useless to even bother killing them all as where you are and what you are doing means a lot for Thor's and it gives great windows for rescues to occur and people to build bases. Meanwhile probes are aware of your every position and the game can just spiral out of control for Thor's from this point on very fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sight Towers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sight Towers   Sight Towers Empty

Back to top Go down

Sight Towers
Page 1 of 1