Tree Tag Starcraft 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tree Tag Starcraft 2

A forum on Tree tag UMS on Starcraft 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Thor Special Ability

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shane3x
Tagger
Tagger
shane3x

New Thor Special Ability Empty
PostSubject: New Thor Special Ability   New Thor Special Ability EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm just throwing this out there but how about each Thor gets the ability to once a game to warp from their current location to the middle. It would need to have like a 5 second charge time.

What could happen is those lights in the middle stay off but when a Thor is using the teleport to base ability all the lights come on.

Back to top Go down
Apex
Tree Tag Hugger
Tree Tag Hugger
Apex

PostSubject: Re: New Thor Special Ability   New Thor Special Ability EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:07 pm

I am going to add a spell like that, as a level 4 ultimate spell.
Back to top Go down
https://treetag.forumotion.com
kser
New Tagger
New Tagger

PostSubject: Re: New Thor Special Ability   New Thor Special Ability EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:38 am

Yes need some level 6 skill, ie like those in war3.

But instant teleportation to mid is not a good idea, imo. That will make the game imba. Thor having scan ability is already a plus - it used to be cast by item in war3.

But I think sentry turret should be able to show structures hidden in close proximity, ie if i place turret sentry somewhere outside bush, if there is structure hidden inside close to it, it should be seen by thor. Somehow this is not the case here?

Just my 5 cents.
Back to top Go down
shane3x
Tagger
Tagger
shane3x

PostSubject: Re: New Thor Special Ability   New Thor Special Ability EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:46 am

Quote :
But instant teleportation to mid is not a good idea, imo. That will make the game imba.

Not sure if you read my version. In my suggestion it has a delay and there is an alert system which lets probes or their units pull back and it is a one time use. I assume Apex's 'Ultimate' version would be similar except it has a long delay time which would be enough to prevent abuse.

Quote :
Thor having scan ability is already a plus - it used to be cast by item in war3.

Thor's struggle to win with the scan ability, if it was an item they'd be a complete joke.

Quote :
But I think sentry turret should be able to show structures hidden in close proximity, ie if i place turret sentry somewhere outside bush, if there is structure hidden inside close to it, it should be seen by thor. Somehow this is not the case here?

Are you talking about something similar to the Sensor Tower in MP?

Back to top Go down
kser
New Tagger
New Tagger

PostSubject: Re: New Thor Special Ability   New Thor Special Ability EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:54 am

Lol sorry bout that.

If you had play war3 tree tag, infernal and ent are pretty balanced. What thor are lacking is the items, ie units to hire etc. With that, it's pretty easy to hunt probe even with island hopping. I am pretty sure three decent thor can take the game with scan.

It's not really sensor tower in the sense you do not get those big red warning in the mini map, instead that area is still covered by fog but you can see there's a building there despite the fog.

And if i do remember correctly, level 2/ 3 loki in war3 3tag is able to one hit the tree. Correct me if i am wrong.

But I really suggest you to try out 3tag in war3. That will tells you how is it like .
Back to top Go down
shane3x
Tagger
Tagger
shane3x

PostSubject: Re: New Thor Special Ability   New Thor Special Ability EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:53 am

Quote :
I am pretty sure three decent thor can take the game with scan.

This has the assumption that the probes aren't very good. Given all players are equally skilled then with the present build it's hard for Thors to win.

Quote :
It's not really sensor tower in the sense you do not get those big red warning in the mini map, instead that area is still covered by fog but you can see there's a building there despite the fog.

So essentially it provides two sets of vision, a smaller one which can include players and then a larger one which can spot only buildings?

Back to top Go down
Ricky
New Tagger
New Tagger

PostSubject: Re: New Thor Special Ability   New Thor Special Ability EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:45 am

shane3x wrote:
Quote :
I am pretty sure three decent thor can take the game with scan.

This has the assumption that the probes aren't very good. Given all players are equally skilled then with the present build it's hard for Thors to win.

Quote :

So essentially it provides two sets of vision, a smaller one which can include players and then a larger one which can spot only buildings?

you might just be bad at being a thor. still yet to lose a game as either an ent or a thor.

i did play comp tree tag back in war3 though
Back to top Go down
Apex
Tree Tag Hugger
Tree Tag Hugger
Apex

PostSubject: Re: New Thor Special Ability   New Thor Special Ability EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:16 am

I have final exams in a few days so I will be studying for that. A major patch will be released after my exams of course. Hopefully you guys can keep playing it as it is in its current state while Im busy.
Back to top Go down
https://treetag.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Thor Special Ability   New Thor Special Ability Empty

Back to top Go down

New Thor Special Ability
Page 1 of 1