Tree Tag Starcraft 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tree Tag Starcraft 2

A forum on Tree tag UMS on Starcraft 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thor Game + others

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shane3x
Tagger
Tagger
shane3x

Thor Game + others Empty
PostSubject: Thor Game + others   Thor Game + others EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:10 am

Before I begin if you don't have a change log on the forum somewhere that should definitely be done.

As we all know Thor is severely underpowered. Assuming all players are of equal skill, the thors do not have a very high chance of winning at all with the current build (I've only played 1.49 don't know about 1.50).

Thor's have a tough time capturing and maintaining the capture of all the probes especially with Island hopping and the ratio of thors to probes (which I don't believe is a problem itself).

One of my suggestions to improve this is to make the 'prison area' smaller. This makes it more risky to rescue for probes to rescue team mates during the early to mid game which causes them to invest in building units to do so, which comes with it's own risks.

Once the late game rolls in a number of games at least one player has established dominance and is able to create many units which can easily rescue and distract thors. As a result the current prison area becomes even more difficult to defend, especially given the fact that probes do 500 damage and the more you have captured the worse it becomes. Regardless of if you clear the surrounding trees or not it causes the thors to have a tough time being able to defend and attack.

While it is fun for myself to trap a thor with zealots and stalkers it is probably very frustrating for the Thor.

Sentries - These should not be in the game at all, they only have 50 energy max and as a result two out of three skills are unusable. should they be allowed to create hallucinations or to a lesser extent guardian shield this would be a nightmare for the thors.
Back to top Go down
shane3x
Tagger
Tagger
shane3x

Thor Game + others Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor Game + others   Thor Game + others EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 8:27 am

Just played a few games of the new version, the only thing I recall was probes not being able to build on water. A great move although it only partly solves the problem.

I'll get to testing the other features to make suggestions although change log on the forum would help.
Back to top Go down
Apex
Tree Tag Hugger
Tree Tag Hugger
Apex

Thor Game + others Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor Game + others   Thor Game + others EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 am

Changelog coming your way
Back to top Go down
https://treetag.forumotion.com
wonderwhite
New Tagger
New Tagger

Thor Game + others Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor Game + others   Thor Game + others EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:40 am

the prision area in Apex's version of tree tag does seem to be bigger than the wc3. Not saying its more/less balanced. I dont think it really makes a huge difference really.
Back to top Go down
shane3x
Tagger
Tagger
shane3x

Thor Game + others Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor Game + others   Thor Game + others EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:25 pm

wonderwhite wrote:
the prision area in Apex's version of tree tag does seem to be bigger than the wc3. Not saying its more/less balanced. I dont think it really makes a huge difference really.

If you care to elaborate as to why you think this it would help with balance discussion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thor Game + others Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor Game + others   Thor Game + others Empty

Back to top Go down

Thor Game + others
Page 1 of 1